Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It's out there.

Ten years ago, I used to work in a branch of Blockbuster video in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex. God knows how many countless thousand hours I must have spent in that store; lugging videos around, cleaning, filing, banking and advising customers not to rent films like 'Tough & Deadly'. Oh, and trying not to laugh when they rented 'The Amazing Panda Adventure' and I had to read the title back to them. It wasn't the best job I ever had. Wasn't the worst either.

Last week, I stood in that same branch of Blockbuster and saw my movie sitting on the shelf. I think it's a safe bet that out of all those thousands of hours, I'd never previously had a single moment in that shop that had felt quite so good.

Yes, TrashHouse is out and about with the general public. I've been getting a few reviews by email, and some have been cropping up on websites. The target audience seem to like it. Seems to be shifting quite well on both rental and retail. All is well with the world.

If any of you folks out there check it out, feel free to let me know what you make of it. It feels oddly like I've had an offspring leave home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enough about the DVD, what about those pies? Had anymore??!?!

Pat Higgins said...

They were delicious, granted, but I haven't had any more. The delivery charge was quite high, meaning that the pies were probably best suited to a special occasion or a party. For the record, I personally had the Thai Chook Pie, (with free-range British chicken, fragrant thai green curry, sweet potato and lime in lovely pastry), and then the next day I had the Matador pie, (free range British beef steak, chorizo, olives, tomato, sherry and butter beans in lovely pastry). I'd recommend both.

Now go and buy my fucking film ;)