Friday, February 24, 2012

Battlefield Death Tales and more...

Battlefield Death Tales has been shooting in a slightly stop-start fashion for the last few weeks, depending on the availability of actors. It's been a fantastic shoot thus far, and great fun. Rubber monsters, nazis, explosions (yes, proper big-assed explosions! Not CGI ones!) and more. My own chapter, Devils of the Blitz has only got one day's shooting left, and we're aiming to make delivery of the completed movie (rather terrifyingly) in about 5 weeks time.

Jess-Luisa Flynn in Battlefield Death Tales

The first photo from my chapter (as seen above, featuring the wonderful Jess-Luisa Flynn) was first seen over at
HorrorTalk. An exclusive image of the Devil Spiders from my chapter (brought to life by the combined genius of Russ Leach and monster-maker Chris Garrard) is featured in this month's SFX magazine (page 88, issue-skimmers). That issue also refers to me as "The Tarantino of budget gore flicks for style and dialogue", which is a quote that I imagine will be cropping up on posters and DVDs for my stuff for a while. It's in the wonderful Penny Dreadful's column; don't forget to follow her on Twitter. Oh, and follow me too while you're at it.

KillerKillerIt's been a busy month. You know that thing about one of our back catalogue I mentioned? The flick in question is KillerKiller, and the good news is that a UK release will finally be happening this year (the flick's been caught up in red tape for the UK since 2007). We're putting together new extras and stuff, plus giving the movie a little polish, so it should be a great package. Really looking forward to it.

Strippers vs Werewolves will be in UK cinemas on April 27th, apparently. I'll be curious to see how it's turned out.

My Fake Blood on the Lens live show will be back over the summer. We're planning to get one of them properly filmed, and then we'll look at getting it digitally distributed somehow. It's 90 minutes of filmmaking advice, anecdotes, clips and arsing around. Way back in the late '90s I spent a few years as a stand-up, and I think that's one of the reasons I love the live shows so much. They give me the buzz of doing a show without the pressure of having to get a laugh every 10 seconds. Anyway, I'll try and make sure that the one that gets filmed is a good one. There'll be a whole load of new stuff in it, so even if you've seen the show before it'll hopefully be worth a return ticket. Details to follow as soon as we've sorted out the dates.

Oh, and the script for Chainsaw Fairytale is revving towards completion. It's one of the best things I've ever written.

Rock on,
Pat

No comments: