Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's Going On..?

There have been a bunch of news reports lately about Strippers vs Werewolves, (a pretty typical example of which can be found over at Arrow in the Head) detailing various exciting new details about the project including the additions to the cast of Sarah Douglas (Ursa from Superman and Superman II) and Barbara Nedeljakova (from Hostel).

The more eagle-eyed of you may also have noticed the announcement of Jonathan Glendening (director of 13 Hrs) in the director's chair.

Yes, indeed, for the first time I'm entrusting one of my scripts to somebody other than me.

At the point that SvW starts shooting (April 18th), I'm going to be up to my neck in House on the Witchpit.

It's been a project close to my heart for years and years. Even in this rather endearing local press cutting from 2005 I was listing it as one of my next projects. That was back before TrashHouse had even been released. Yeah, me and the pit go back a long way, and the script has changed a great deal over the years (as I've rabbited on endlessly about in various previous blog entries). But the time was never right to shoot it.

Sometimes the stars just kind of align and the right circumstances arise, and 2011 is finally the point where everything has dropped into place for the Witchpit shoot. If I didn't take advantage of the moment, I'd always regret it. We'll be shooting in the first half of this year and, (as I've already promised), further details will be along soon.

For those of you who prefer the actual scary bits in my flicks to the trashy bits, this movie is going to be an all-you-can-eat buffet. The script still creeps me out. I shall be directing with one hand over my eyes.

Plus, this way, I get to settle down and watch Strippers vs Werewolves as a completed movie with everyone else.

2011 is going to be an amazing year.

2 comments:

James Gracey said...

I still think 'House on the Witchpit' is one of the most intriguing, evocative titles I've heard in quite some time! I for one am looking forward to hearing more about it.

Pat Higgins said...

Thanks James! More details will be along shortly. Next week will be a big week as far as decisions on the project go!